The Offices of the Clerk of the Municipality are able to assist you in obtaining a license to marry in Ontario. We can also assist you in obtaining a Marriage Certificate, and provide Civil Marriage Services.
Officiated Civil Marriage Ceremonies
Check out the "Civil Marriage Services Information Package"(pdf). It contains:
- Civil Marriage Ceremony Applicant's Check List
- Municipality of Red Lake Civil Marriage Services
- Civil Marriage Service Guidelines
- Civil Marriage Ceremony Booking Agreement
- Pre-Ceremony Information Questionnaire
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample Simple Marriage Ceremonies
- Our Facilities
- Approved Alternate Wording
About Marriage License Applications
Please Note: The following list contains some important things that you need to know about making an application for a marriage license.
- The fee can be found on the Fees page under H-Civil Marriage Services.
Fill out the application completely including the first and second names.
If a previous marriage of either the applicant or joint applicant has been dissolved or annulled in Canada, the original or court certified copy of the Final Decree, Final Judgment or Certificate of Divorce dissolving or annulling the marriage, must be provided at the time of issuing the marriage license. A photocopy or faxed copy will not be accepted.
If a previous marriage of either the applicant or joint applicant has been dissolved or annulled in a jurisdiction other than Canada, please see form below - Requirements Respecting Marriage in Ontario under "Authorization".
- Only one signature is required for the actual Marriage Licence. Both applicant and joint applicant must provide two (2) pieces of identification. Acceptable identification includes:
- ONE OF
- Birth Certificate, or
- Change of Name Certificate, or
- Record of Immigrant Landing, or
- Canadian Citizenship Card, or
- Current Passport
- ALONG WITH
- Photo identification
- ONE OF
- On return of the Marriage License Application, the fee must be paid before the issuing of the Marriage License. The fee can be paid at the front desk of the Municipal Office. The receipt then must be provided to the issuer of your Marriage License (Clerk's Office) who will make arrangements to pick up the completed Marriage License. Dependent on scheduling, a Marriage License will be processed within 24 hours minimum (Monday to Friday).
- The Marriage License expires (90 days) after the date of issue.
Please refer to the link below "Requirements Respecting Marriage in Ontario" for additional information.
If you have any other questions contact the Clerk's Office 807-735-2096.
Notice to Applicants
Important details about the Marriage License that you will purchase. Click here to view this notice.
Requirements Respecting Marriage in Ontario
Please read the following document that details the conditions placed on marriage in Ontario
Marriage License Application Form
More Questions about Marriage?
For more information contact the Clerk's Department at 807-735-2096.